Translate

Saturday, July 29, 2017

MGG: Player Mode!

Check this out, this idea could change the whole direction of the game. If you've been following development you'll know I've been trying to think of a way to have humans in the game, as well as a way to have the player directly "interact" (😘) with their monsters. Well I may have just solved both of these at once. Introducing player mode!
It's just a test right now, but I don't see any reason why it won't work. Also, you may be asking yourself, well Nox, why have a disembodied hand at all? Why not have the player character carry around the tools and items and cut out god mode all together? 
If you are, we're on the same page.

I'd like to make the player fully customizable and allow them to interact with monsters as well as use the tools themselves. I'll be working on this for the next public version, but it's pretty ambitious so we'll see if I can do it in time.

UPDATE: The animation has been released to Gold+ patrons, and soon Ruby patrons will be able to test out this feature. Player interaction (AKA fucking your monster) is almost finished.


The core mechanics are programmed and animations are in for Neko. There's a cool squirt particle you could see in the animation preview 😋, and I'm working on a POV aim function for the end. If you know what I mean.

You don't? Seriously? Alright, here...


That won't be a public feature for a long time, but patrons will get to test it out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.